Werthan Granite

The Werthan family has figured prominently in Nashville history for over a century.

1868

Meier Werthan began selling rags from a vendor cart in Nashville, TN

1880’s-1890’s

Began selling reconditioned burlap and cotton bags

1911

Company changes its name to Werthan Bag and burlap

WW1

Provided sandbags to the U.S. Army

1922

Opened a manufacturing facility on Clinton Street in the Old Marathon Motors building

1928

Opened operations at 8th Avenue North

Late 1930’s

Began producing “dress print” bags

1950’s

Began manufacturing multi-wall paper bags

1968

Began manufacturing plastic bags

1971

Honey’s Auto Parts and Tennessee Auto Parts Warehouse open their doors

1971

Check Printers opens for business

1980’s

Honey’s Auto Parts and Tennessee Auto Parts Warehouse are sold

1999

Check Printers is sold

2002

Werthan Granite is founded

2006

Werthan Tile opens

2011

Werthan Granite and Werthan Tile merge to become Werthan, LLC